Interviewing now for all Admissions and the New Semester in September 2021
It is important that you understand our program and have an opportunity to ask questions about it. Contact us to arrange a no-obligation information session by phone, Skype or Zoom. Information sessions are an excellent preliminary to the admissions interview and allow for some sense as to your son’s suitability to our program and how to approach him about it.
Interviews can be conducted with you and your son either by phone, Skype or Zoom. Copies of academic transcripts or reports from the preceding two years and a written application/interview form are required. Admission is based upon your son’s suitability to the program and the potential for success as exhibited through the interview process.
Admissions Process (Step-by-Step)
- Contact the Academy to arrange for an information session or an admission interview. If booking an admission interview please submit the $250 interview fee
- Complete the admission interview
- Complete medical forms. A physical with your family doctor may be required
- Upon acceptance, review enrolment package and forward deposit and other payments
- Apply for a student visa (international students only)
- Arrive at the Academy on intake day
For more information on fees visit our student fee page.
Robert Land Academy welcomes all inquiries and will be happy to arrange an appointment for an information session, school tour, or an admissions interview. Information sessions or admission interviews will be conducted through Skype or Zoom.
For further information, please call our Admissions Office at 905-386-6203.
COVID-19: Instructions to Incoming Students Issued by Public Health, Canada
If you’re travelling by air, you need to
- pass a health check conducted by airlines before you’ll be allowed to board your flight
- wear a non-medical mask or face covering during travel (including to the place you’ll quarantine)
Arrival in Canada
Travellers entering Canada by air or by land must
- provide basic information using the traveler contact information form, available through
- the ArriveCAN mobile app
- an accessible web-based form
- a paper form
- be screened by a border services officer or quarantine officer to assess symptoms
Use this mobile app at Canadian ports of entry (POEs). Make sure you have the official version by installing it from this page.
When you arrive in Canada by air, land or sea, we’ll assess your health before you leave the POE. If you’re a foreign national, and you have symptoms of COVID-19, you won’t be allowed to enter Canada.
You must have a plan to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in Canada, including
- a place to stay
- how you will get to your destination
- hw you will get your groceries
- how you will access essential services and medical care
This plan is mandatory, even if you have no symptoms. If you don’t have a plan, you should not travel to Canada. Otherwise, you may not be allowed to enter the country. A border services officer will determine if you can enter the country.
The penalties for not following your quarantine plan once you’re in the country can include
- a fine of up to $750,000
- 6 months of jail time
- being found inadmissible, removed from Canada and banned from entering for 1 year
Only people who provide essential services, for example truck drivers who regularly cross the border to maintain the flow of goods, are exempt from the quarantine requirements.