- Robert Land Academy has over 40 years of success working with boys to realize their potential and gain admission to post-secondary programs.
- Our program has a proven track record in providing benefits for boys diagnosed with or exhibiting characteristics of ADD/ADHD/ODD/NLD/NVLD and other Learning Disabilities, as well as for those boys who merely benefit from a structured distraction-free environment.
- We provide a structured private boarding school program with an emphasis on academic remediation, university admission and the development of the self-care, self-discipline, and self-direction required for successful adulthood.
- Our rural location is removed from the distractions of an urban setting. We provide a distraction-free environment with no cell phones, computer games, personal laptops, personal computer access, Facebook and girlfriends.
- Robert Land Academy offers a physical activity program that promotes a healthy lifestyle and personal growth. Team sports promote social skills and the development of team work.
- Nutritionally balanced and healthy meals are provided.
- An emphasis on regular self-care and routine.
The vast majority of students experience a dramatic improvement in their academic performance and success within the first semester.
Students in modified academic programs are re-streamed so as to expand post secondary options.
Over the past decade, 100% of the graduating class who have applied have been accepted to a university or college.
Why Does Robert Land Academy Utilize a Military Theme?
The utilization of a military theme at school:
- provides consistency in the application of rules and roles
- promotes physical fitness
- openly encourages and recognizes effort and achievement
- provides incentives through promotion of rank to formally recognize behaviour and attitude
- provides a template for self-care and routine
- provides opportunities for leadership
- promotes team building and getting along with others
- underscores the discipline and effort required for academic success
Read more here